As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
1. Outsidepride #ad
Outsidepride White Dutch Clover Seed for Erosion Control, Pasture, Forage, & More, 2 LBS, Lawn Alternative, Ground Cover #adOutsidepride #ad
- White dutch clover seed is a perennial used for erosion control, lawn alternative, ground cover, pasture mixtures, food plots, green manure crop, and many other uses.
Keep the clover seed continually moist until germination occurs which is usually within 14 days with temperatures of 65 - 70F. This perennial seed can be grown across the country for deer food plots, pasture mixtures, erosion control, and cover crops in USDA Zones 3 - 10.
White dutch clover can be seeded by broadcasting the seed on the prepared soil and raking it in lightly. It can also be used an a lawn alternative. White clover helps boost soil nitrogen levels, taking nitrogen from the air and fix it in the soil. Seeding rate: sow seed at 1/4 lb - 1/2 lb per 1, 000 square feet or 8 to 10 lbs per acre.
2. Twin City Seed Co. #ad
Alternative Grass Seed | 99.9% Weed Free | No Noxious Weeds | Shade Tolerant | Sustainable & Resilient | 5 lb. Bag, Twin City Seed Co. Bee Lawn Seed Mixture | Pollinator Friendly, Low Maintenance #adTwin City Seed Co. #ad
- Bag covers spread of 1000 sq. Researched & certified: developed in research partnership with the University of Minnesota; 5% of all sales go to UofM Bee Lab; Blue Thumb Partners; Oregon Certified Seed.
Ideal for: residential, landscaping, sidewalk medians, commercial, parks, right of ways, or municipal lawns, institutional, sports fields, yards, and places you don’t want to mow.
Ft. Flowering bee lawn seed mix; non-GMO fescue grass seed; seed viable up to 1 year. Seed bag contents: 5lb. Bee pollinator-friendly lawn: sustainable and resilient flowering lawn mix features Creeping Thyme, White Dutch Clover, Self-Heal and a blend of fine fescues; fosters a naturally healthy and biodiverse ecosystem.
Low mow maintenance: mow biweekly to monthly to a height of 3 inches; max height if left unmowed is 12 inches; fertilizer not recommended or necessary; no need to water once established; drought tolerant.
3. Outsidepride #ad
10000 Seeds, Spreading, Outsidepride Perennial Herniaria Glabra Green Carpet Rupturewort Low Growing, Ground Cover #adOutsidepride #ad
- Not only can this be used as a lawn alternative, Herniaria gets a tap root on it instead of surface roots so it is very drought tolerant.
Sow 3 - 5 seeds per cell or approximately 5000 seeds covers 100 square feet for lawn alternative or groundcover. This mat forming carpet only reaches approximately 3 inches in height making it a perfect lawn alternative or ground cover plant.
Herniaria glabra green carpet rupturewort grows as a low growing perennial in USDA Zones 6 - 10 It doesn't need to be mowed and hardly needs watered. Green carpet doesn’t really flower either so it doesn’t attract bees and there is no dead flowers to worry about it.
4. Outsidepride #ad
500 Seeds, Outsidepride Gazania Mix Heat & Drought Tolerant Garden Flower & Ground Cover Plants #adOutsidepride #ad
- Start seeds indoors 4 - 6 weeks before last frost, or sow them direct as soon as the soil can be worked in spring. Gazania only grows 8 inches tall and is a perennial in USDA Zones 8 - 10 Hardy in zones 8 - 10, gazania ground cover is a fabulous long-season annual elsewhere.
They make a great permanent ground cover in areas where they are perennial -- particularly southern California and the deep South! You just can't improve upon these huge blooms, glowing with bright color, that completely cover the small plants from early summer to frost.
Gazania gazania Splendens ground cover will bloom 12 weeks after seeding.
What makes this gazania series so special is its combination of very big flowers, early and long bloom season, and ultra-tolerant low, spreading plants. Sowing rate: approximately 500 seeds covers 10 square feet or 2 seeds per plant. Hardy in drought-stricken regions, yellow, this low-growing plant is covered with large 3 - 4 inch blooms ranging in colors of red, orange, white and pink.
5. Garden_Out #ad
1000 Seeds, Green Herniaria Glabra Ground Cover Seeds #adGarden_Out #ad
- Green carpet herniaria glabra – looking for a drought tolerant lawn alternative that only gets 3 inches tall? if so, then look no further than Herniaria Glabra, also known as green carpet.
Usda zones: 6 - 10 height: 3 inch perennial bloom color: none Sowing Rate: 3 - 5 seeds per cell or approximately 5000 seeds covers 100 square feet.
Green carpet doesn’t really flower either so it doesn’t attract bees and there is no dead flowers to worry about it. Not only can this be used as a lawn alternative, Herniaria gets a tap root on it instead of surface roots so it is very drought tolerant. Sow. Doesn’t need to be mowed and hardly needs watered.
6. Mndrlin #ad
Baby Blue Eyes Flowers Groundcover Drought Tolerant Wildflower 300 Seeds #adMndrlin #ad
- Not only is baby blue eyes adaptive to different soil types, but it's also very tolerant to climatic differences as it'll thrive in zones 3-9. Baby blue eyes attracts a huge range of pollinators including bees, butterflies and hummingbirds! Comes with complete planting & growing instructions! Baby blue eyes is a very hardy and adaptive flower that can flourish in a variety of soil types and low water conditions.
7. Florida Foliage #ad
Ornamental Peanut Grass, Arachis Glabrata Low Maintenance Drought Tolerant Ground Cover, 60 Live Fully Rooted Plants #adFlorida Foliage #ad
- It is not only beneficial to the environment since it requires no supplemental nitrogen or phosphorus fertilization or pest control, and pathogens and its minimal fertilizer needs. Used as a forage legume for grazing, as a high-value hay crop, and has been planted as a cover crop in citrus. This translates into savings in water, peanut flavored flowers.
Several cultivars are available for use in home landscapes. On the other hand, reduce nutrient leaching, all cover crops have the potential to compete with trees for water and nitrogen. It has no known pests or disease which makes it an excellent ground cover of choice! This drought-tolerant, hardy perennial requires no supplemental water after it is established.
Ornamental peanut is an attractive, low-maintenance groundcover, that blooms bright yellow flowers from spring to first frost. Rhizome perennial peanut has several potential advantages in the managed landscape.
As its name implies, perennial peanut is long-lived and doesn't require replanting once established. This eliminates the need of nitrogen fertilizers. May suppress weed growth, and add nitrogen and organic matter to the soil. Perennial peanut has recently shown promise as an ornamental groundcover due to its high resistance to drought, energy, nematodes, but it also is aesthetically pleasing, can be walked on, and has edible, dollars, and reduced impacts to the environment. It is in the peanut family, thus it makes its own nitrogen.
8. Florida Foliage #ad
Juniper Blue Pacific, 30 Live Plants, Drought Tolerant Cold Hardy Evergreen Ground Cover #adFlorida Foliage #ad
- Its needles are dense and shorter than other junipers with a low-trailing growth habit spreading 2-3 feet 6 inches tall. A notably heat tolerant variety. Wonderful, group planting or single specimen. Grown, packaged and shipped exclusively by Florida Foliage.
After the mature root system is established, except during a drought, watering is needed occasionally, watering is needed regularly. This popular, planter boxes, fast-growing evergreen maintains its dense, seashore planting, ocean blue-green foliage year-round.
Dense blue-green foliage gives this selection a handsome appearance and is best when not pruned, low spreading form makes a superb groundcover, but rather left in its natural form.
Very hardy, and a very, very popular choice in landscapes across the country - might very well be the most widely used juniper for groundcover applications. Best performs as groundcover, and draped over walls. This easy-to-grow evergreen needs a regular water schedule to ensure the growth of a mature root system. Prune once or twice a year around the edges in order to keep the middle of the plant full.
9. Outsidepride #ad
Outsidepride Perennial Sedum Summer Glory Heat & Drought Tolerant, Stonecrop Ground Cover Plants, 1000 Seeds, Succulent #adOutsidepride #ad
- Summer glory sedum can spread 6 - 10 inches. Summer glory is the perfect name for this lovely sedum ground cover plant! Grow Sedum Summer Glory seeds for a very vigorous, creeping perennial ground cover with succulent leaves that are broad with toothed edges that develop a reddish tint in the fall.
Sow 1000 seeds covers approximately 20 square feet. Press the seed into the moistened soil, and do not cover it. Keep the seeds moist but not saturated until they germinate. Grow this colorful, versatile ground cover plant for troublesome sites and even the deer will leave it alone.
As all sedums require, carefree, but it will grow in a wide range of soil types from poor to rich as long as the soil drains well. The foliage of this sedum spurium Stonecrop is wonderful, star-like, dark pink colored blossoms which appear July through September steal the show.
For optimum performance of this ground cover plant, sedum spurium must have soil that is well-drained, grow it in full sun. Established plants can be divided every 3 - 4 years for best performance. This sedum stonecrop grows only 4 - 6 inches in height, but the bright, and it creates a low-growing mat that spreads wider than it grows in height. Water from the underside of the pots or use a spray bottle and lightly mist the seeds. Sow summer glory sedum seeds indoors 6 - 8 weeks before the last frost is expected.
10. Outsidepride #ad
Outsidepride SPF-30 Heat & Drought Tolerant Hybrid Bluegrass Lawn Grass Seed, 10 LBS #adOutsidepride #ad
- Sow 2 - 3 pounds per 1, 000 square feet or 80 - 10 lbs per acre to begin growing your soft, fine bladed, but drought tolerant lawn grass today. Spf 30 hb 128 is a sister to hb 129 TX x KBG. Now professional turf managers can add genetic diversity with a high-performance Texas Bluegrass x Kentucky Bluegrass cross! Expanding the area of adaptation for bluegrasses, TX x KBG types have been successful farther south than traditional Kentucky bluegrasses, and are adding heat tolerance and summer performance to northern zone turf.
With its aggressive rhizomes, recovers quickly from drought, SPF 30 improves the ability of tall fescue turf to recover when combined in a mixture.
Use spf 30 hybrid bluegrass in Sod, but the differences in overall establishment rate have not been significant. Hybrid bluegrass germinates and establishes slower than tall fescue.
Another noteworthy feature is the disease tolerance of hybrid bluegrass. Spf 30 is an elite and medium-bladed bluegrass for landscape contractors, golf roughs and lawns. Spf 30 produces a high percentage of living ground cover throughout the summer, and is resistant to brown patch. Hybrid bluegrasses germinate from seed slightly faster than Kentucky bluegrass, Sports, sports turf managers, and golf course superintendents who are battling the stress of summer heat. Hybrid bluegrass survive prolonged heat and drought periods.